Job Title: Assistant Director
Program: Purple Moon Early Learning Center
Reports to: Director
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
The assistant director at PMELC must love kids! Candidate must support and
promote the vision of the company. The primary functions of the assistant director are
to oversee staff scheduling, supervision, evaluation, and mentoring of teachers. Will
also work closely with the director to oversee daily operations of our school, safety and
security of the school, assure compliance with regulatory agencies, and help plan extra
functions for parent and community involvement.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Oversee staff scheduling.
• Supervise and evaluate teachers, provide mentoring and training
• Responsible for positive interactions with children, co-teachers, and
parents/guardians at all times and for promoting a home like atmosphere in the
• Responsible for assuring compliance with all state and local regulatory agencies.
• Demonstrate cultural competency and respect for children’s backgrounds by
incorporating the cultural, linguistic and familial values and beliefs into the school.
• Maintain ongoing, open partnership both staff and parents/guardians of the
• Attend/plan periodical parent conferences to discuss children's developmental
progress, needs, and interests when support for teachers is needed.
• Maintain accurate, complete and timely client and agency records.
• Provides functional training and guidance to staff, interns, substitutes and
volunteers working with the school.
• Participate in on-going in-service and educational development opportunities
provided by PMELC.
• May be required to carry out or assist with other tasks in addition to the duties
listed on this job description.
• Establish positive and professional relationships with all staff, families, children,
and the community.
• Meet current Colorado Director Qualification or be within 6 months of meeting.
• 3 years+ experience in licensed childcare facility.
• 1 year+ in a supervisory role at a licensed childcare facility preferred.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Ability to be flexible and willingness to work varied shifts.
• CPR and First Aid Certification and other required trainings current or able to
obtain within 30 days of start.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Purple Moon Early Learning Center is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity
and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees
without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin,
age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other
characteristic prohibited by state or local law. We provide a work environment free from
discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and