Early Childhood Teacher
Job Title: Early Childhood Teacher
Program: Purple Moon Early Learning Center
Reports to: Assistant Director
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Teachers at PMELC must love kids! Our teachers work in a teaching team with a
co-teacher. Teachers provide a home away from home for children in our program,
meaning schedules are relaxed and activities adapted to the needs of the children at the
moment. Teachers must adapt emergent curriculum using the Storybook Journey for
maximum child engagement. An appreciation of nature and the natural world are desired for this position.
Duties and Responsibilities
• The Early Childhood Teacher is primarily responsible for loving and responsive
care of children from infants to preschool age.
• Responsible for positive interactions with children, co-teachers, and
parents/guardians at all times and for promoting a home like atmosphere in the
• Responsible for the children’s health and safety as well as assuring compliance with all State and local governing contracting agencies.
• Provides customized curriculum plans by adapting daily care giving routines and
plans to the interests and needs of the individual child and the group.
• Demonstrate cultural competency and respect for the child's background by
incorporating the cultural, linguistic and familial values and beliefs into the
childcare program and lesson plans.
• Maintain ongoing, open partnership with parents/guardians.
• Plan periodical parent conferences to discuss children's developmental progress,
needs, and interests.
• Maintain accurate, complete and timely client and agency records; completes
daily meal and headcount/attendance records.
• Immediately reports any signs or symptoms of child abuse to supervisor and/or
child abuse hotline.
• Completes daily health checks regarding hygiene, safety, and overall well-being
of the children.
• Provides functional training and guidance to staff, interns, substitutes and
volunteers assigned to the classroom.
• Participate in on-going in-service and educational development opportunities
provided by PMELC.
• May be required to carry out or assist with other tasks in addition to the duties
listed on this job description.
- High school diploma/GED required.
- 18 years or older
- Bachelor’s Degree/Master’s Degree preferred or ECT Qualified
- 1 year of childcare experience in a licensed child care facility preferred
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds and in case of emergency a 40 pound child.
- Must be able to assume postures in low levels to allow physical and visual contact with children
- Must see and hear well enough to keep children safe, and engage in physical activity with children.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com .
Purple Moon Early Learning Center is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity
and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees
without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin,
age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other
characteristic prohibited by state or local law. We are dedicated to providing a work
environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are
treated with respect and dignity.